Healthy foods to eat on the paleo diet
Eat a healthy diet here, Everything you need and want to know about the paleo diet is here FREE for you to use, Have a browse through and I hope that it helps you to have a better insight into this popular diet and live life well..
If you are just getting started with this new way of eating it can seem very confusing trying to figure out what foods you “can” and “cannot” or “should” and “should not” be eating. Even more so, it can be bewildering if you don’t comprehend the motives why certain foods are good for you to eat and while others are best just in moderation. The Paleo diet is no different there. There are many foods that are believed Paleo-friendly but that are also the basic “meat” of the eating lifestyle (no pun intended). Here are a list of some of those Healthy Foods to Eat on the Paleo Diet and just why they are important to have in your daily diet.
- Salmon- Full of Omega 3’s, protein, iron, zinc niacin, Vitamins B6 & B12. These properties help fight inflammation, contain antioxidants, supply a healthy source of protein and help keep your heart healthy.
- Lean Beef- Lean cuts of beef pack a protein punch without a high amount of saturated fats. There are 29 cuts of lean beef to choose from.
- Chicken- Versatile and healthy, chicken fulfills your protein needs while giving you a variety of ways to cook and prepare it. Opt for boneless, skinless chicken. Provides for over 20% of recommended daily intake for selenium and potassium.
- Turkey- Contains protein, Vitamin C and iron. A great source of protein that can be bought either ground, sliced or as an entire breast.
- Beets- In a class all their own, beets contain betalains, a phytonutrient that has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxification properties. Possible anti-cancer benefits have also been linked to beets.
- Kale- Extremely high in Vitamins A, K & C. Packed with antioxidants (carotenoids and flavonoids) and lutein, which helps the blood flow smoother throughout the body.
- Spinach- As with most veggies, low calorie content means you can eat a large quantity. Contains magnesium, Vitamin C and folate, just to name a few. Can possibly reduce your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Eggs- Believe it or not, eggs are a great source of both protein and fat (Omega 3’s included!). They contain all 9 of the essential amino acids and contribute to your daily calcium intake.
- Avocado- Full of potassium and healthy fats, avocado consumption has been linked to lower chances of contracting metabolic syndrome and possibly increasing HDL- the good cholesterol.
- Almonds- Portable and filling, almonds are a great on-the-go snack and contain a good amount of calcium, magnesium, fiber and protein. Because Paleo diets don’t incorporate dairy, this is a great way to get your calcium intake up.
From the list above there may be a few alien foods that maybe you would not consider to eat on a daily basis however none of the healthy foods to eat on the paleo diet are much different varieties than that of any healthy person, regardless of diet, would eat on a consistent basis. It’s essential to make sure you are eating a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals, particularly if you are cutting things out of your “usual” diet as you changeover to Paleo. Above all, remember to make healthy choices because they make sense to you, not because they fall into a specific diet or fad.
Well I hope you liked my take on the Healthy foods to eat on the paleo diet, If you would like great reading like this sent direct into your inbox then why not register with us and I promise you that your information will NEVER be shared with any other third parties, I value your privacy as I would my own.
Thanks for stopping by and why not bookmark our site so you can find us easier
Have a great day
Body In Harmony Products